red is the colour i loved
therefore national day is the day i love best as people everywhere will dorn in red clothing.
I can still vividly remember the days where many of us ran to the fields of national stadium, taking our places, getting ready to dance the pre-parade dance. That was the year where i was only scondary one and the year where cedar was invited to perform in that year national day parade. Even though the process was tiring and many of us got sicked and tired of eating KFC every week, i must say it was a good experience, one which I am very proud of. I must also say that because of that, my view of national day really changed, and I really do love national day.
I miss the community singing in cedar. The poppers, the confetti, the crazy people, the lightstick, the balloon, the sparklers, the national day celebration contingents, the outdoor and indoor parade...(the national day celebration in cedar). where everyone just get very very high, and proud of our country, where the various uniform groups practise just to show case their drill for the school to see so that everyone will go WOW!! I've marched for Guides before, and i'm really proud to have been part of it!! In secondary one, i thought my seniors were crazy as they were getting so high celebration national day, yet when i graduated, it became a norm for us to get really super crazy during national day. No where can compare to cedar, because national day in there really really rocks!!
Even though this year my school didnt really celebrate national day, i still want thank cedar for instilling in me the sense that i am part of this small nation. Without the community singing sessions where everybody practises for national day, and all the super enthu teachers who are willing to make national day celebration a fun event from a supposingly boring one, national day will never be the same for me. And i guess for many others to.
Its already 42 years since independence, and i really wonder where will this little red dot be in the future.. Oh wells, I'm proud to be a Singaporean and i think this year theme song rawks!!
There's No Place I'd Rather Be
Music & Lyrics: Jimmy Ye
I've walked the streets of Cairo and Bombay
I've seen the neon signs on ole Broadway
I've climbed the Eiffel Tower,
The Great Wall in one hour,
Experienced sweet and sour but that's okay.
Seen Hollywood, the sunsets in LA.
The London Bridge, Big Ben, the Thames, UK
I've crossed the River Kwai
Yet still I don't know why
I think of you each night and every day.
There's no place I'd rather be
You'll always be a part of me
And even though I've roamed the world
It's still my home I long to see.
This is where my family
And my friends grew up with me
So I'll cross the skies and sail the seas
To be where I wanna be.
Cos there's no place I'd rather be!
Will You
Music & Lyrics: Jimmy Ye
Will you make this island
Amazing in all ways?
Surprises every corner,
Delightful nights and days.
Will you take this country
And turn it from a place
To a home that greets you
With smiles on every face?
Will you come on this brave journey?
Will you help to make it real?
Will you write us grand new stories,
Songs that everyone will feel?
So... Will you swim the current?
Will you scale new heights?
Will you make it happen,
Will you let your dreams take flight?
And... Will you make the difference?
Will you seize the day?
Will you live each moment,
Will you dare to find new ways?
Will you take this city
And turn it into a place
To a home that greets you
With smiles on every face
Will you come on this brave journey?
Will you help to make it real?
Will you write us grand new stories,
Songs that everyone will feel?
So... Will you swim the current?
Will you scale new heights?
Will you make it happen,
Will you let your dreams take flight?
And... Will you make the difference?
Will you seize the day?
Will you live each moment,
Will you dare to find new ways?
Dare to find, dare to find, dare to find new ways!
Happy Birthday SINGAPORE!!
No comments:
Post a Comment